Once more, the Santa Ana winds have blown by and caused their annual destruction, spate of forest fires, and general disturbance for Los Angeles County and coastal Southern California in general. Dozens of homes and other buildings have been destroyed. Many more have suffered damage or soiling. It could be that your home has been affected by one or more of these fires. Or perhaps you’ve been letting the cleaning and yard work slide while the weather has been good and you’ve been taking full advantage of the many opportunities Los Angeles provides for fair weather activities. Regardless of the cause, if you’re in need of seasonal fall cleaning for your Los Angeles home, Nancie Brown & Associates are ready to help. We are a professional cleaning company with decades of experience providing gold standard service for LA home and business owners.
Fall Maintenance Tips for Your California Home
Many people say that Los Angeles is a city of no seasons. But that isn’t the truth. If nothing else, the yearly bombardment of debris after the Santa Anas is a regular sign that the seasons are shifting. Home maintenance during the colder seasons is imperative, and we know what should be done to protect your property.
- Make sure your roof is ready for Socal’s rainy season. Inspect it carefully and replace any broken or missing shingles.
- Regularly clean your gutters and downspouts. During fall and winter it is easy for plant and general debris to accumulate in your gutters. This can cause water to overflow and collect on your roof, leading to wood rot and additional damage to your home.
- Ensure that the area around your home grades away from you, with downspouts draining out three or four feet away from the foundation. If your gutters drain improperly you can suffer foundation issues.
- Seal your windows and doors properly. Your heated air needs to be kept in, and drafts out, which can mean caulking windows and checking weather stripping on exterior doors.
- Have your windows cleaned. Clean windows let in more natural heat.
- Open curtains and shades during the day to let more heat and light in. This can save you money on your winter heating bill. Just don’t forget to close them at night in order to keep the heat inside.
House Cleaning Service Los Angeles
Heading into the holiday season, it’s to be expected that you’ll be entertaining more guests, perhaps even family, at your home. It’s a great time of year to put a little money into cleanup services. Whether they’re helping you prepare for the arrival of people you need to impress, or helping you get things shipshape after the turkey’s been eaten and it’s back to normality, a good cleaning or maid service can make your holidays much easier to handle. After all, there are multiple benefits to a clean home. When your home is clean and organized, you and your family will spend less time looking for things lost in the clutter, meaning that you’ll be more productive. Additionally, it has been established by modern psychology that a tidier home is a mentally healthier home. Spring cleaning, or more regular cleaning efforts, will improve the quality of attention you are able to give to a task by reducing the additional stimuli your senses are processing. It reduces anxiety and guilt by keeping the number of tasks that are visibly unfinished lower. Most people find themselves at their most creatively productive in open spaces: thinking, brainstorming, and problem solving are all harder when your living space is messy.
Of course, a tidier home is also a physically healthier home. The National Sleep Foundation found that something as simple as making your bed in the morning makes it approximately 20% likelier than you’ll get a good night’s rest that night. Certainly, a clean home is a home where germs and bacteria have fewer places to take root. The longer carpeting, bedding, and furniture are allowed to accumulate dust and allergens without cleaning, the more hazardous they can be to asthma and allergy symptoms. Vacuuming and dusting is one front of the battle. Another is actually decluttering your home so that there are fewer surfaces for dust and dirt to adhere to. Using covered boxes and other storage solutions means that cleaning becomes more straightforward and also reduces the likelihood of clutter. This can be especially important around fall and winter, with relatives and friends coming from out of town and staying for the holidays. You don’t want them to be miserable because your home is a haven for their allergens.
Best Yard Cleanup Services
Nancie Brown & Associates is proud to be one of the most experienced and professional yard cleaning services in the industry. We go the extra mile to respect your property and privacy. Our detail services can include monthly or bi-weekly maintenance. We’ll also pressure wash your exterior gates, walls, fountains, and outbuildings or sports facilities (such as tennis courts). Any exterior kitchen, barbeque, or living areas you have can also be detailed. If your yard contains elements with special surfaces (for example, imported marbles, granite, statues, or chandeliers) we will take particular care in cleaning them with non-abrasive, quality cleaning products.
Our company is proud of our ability to perform meticulous and close attention to detail cleaning. We will do a great job of ensuring that your home and yard are clear of cobwebs, tree and shrub leaves, and other detritus that can accumulate in gutters, furnace filters, air conditioning condensers, heating systems, window frames, and other areas that can be damaged by rot and blockages. We ensure immaculate work through our supervisory system. Every job, no matter how big or small, is supervised by an English-speaking manager who can liaise with the client about the quality of the work done. The cleaning work must meet both the client’s requirements as well as Nancie Brown & Associates’ exacting standards. If any fault is found, work recommences until it is remedied.
Best Los Angeles, CA Home Cleaning Services
Nancie Brown & Associates has gone from strength to strength over the last 30+ years of business because of our adherence to a small and simple set of business values. We prioritize exceptional work ethic, dedication to customer service, and attention to detail. With these three pillars of our business, we have grown and inspired loyalty in our clients as well as our staff. Our core staff and supervisors average over 17 years of service. With this kind of continuity at the center of our organization, you know that you can count on a tightly-run ship with steady hands at the wheel. Our commitment to these values means that, unlike many of our competitors, we never use subcontractors or day laborers. Every cleaner that Nancie Brown & Associates dispatches is a uniformed employee of our company. What difference does this make to you, the client?
- Personally trained by Nancie Brown: every employee who joins the company goes through rigorous and ongoing training in the detail-oriented cleaning method we use that (with modifications for advances in cleaning technology) has been successful for over three decades.
- Equipped with company standard cleaning products: we have learned a great deal from our long years of experience cleaning just about every kind of surface it’s possible to clean. We know what works and what doesn’t work when creating a pristine finish for our clients. That’s why we only use our company’s chosen products (including some of our own proprietary make).
- Insured by the company: our employees have all the insurance and credentials that you would expect of a professional cleaning company. Nancie Brown & Associates has a California State Contractors License, as well as a business license, and substantial insurance policies for Workers Compensation as well as general liability insurance.
Nancie Brown & Associates Los Angeles Service Area
We operate throughout Los Angeles County and can travel to adjacent counties in Southern California. Below is a selection of the LA County neighborhoods we service. If your neighborhood is not listed, you can call us on (310) 837-7880 to clarify that you are covered.
- Santa Clarita
- Los Angeles
- El Monte
- West Covina
- Long Beach
- South Gate
- Santa Monica
- Baldwin Park
- Redondo Beach
- Monterey Park
- Huntingdon Park
- Diamond Bar
Nancie Brown & Associates is happy to discuss providing seasonal fall cleaning for your Los Angeles home. Make sure you and your family have a good time this holiday season without worrying about the condition of your home.