Are you in need of deep cleaning after someone tested positive for COVID-19 in your home? Most families are taking the spread of COVID-19 seriously and taking suitable precautions, such as wearing a mask and avoiding touching their faces outdoors before washing their hands with soap and water. However, infection cannot always be avoided, even when following the advisories by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Nancie Brown & Associates is here to help households that want a professional approach to cleaning and disinfection of their homes to prevent spreading the virus to other family members.
How to Clean Your Home If a Family Member Has Coronavirus
It is difficult, but not impossible, to protect other members of a household from contracting the novel coronavirus from a member who has tested positive for COVID-19. Obviously, quarantining the sick person in a separate room is the first step to take. Respiratory droplets carrying the virus can remain in the air for as long as three hours. Other actions to take include:
- Wear disposable gloves when disinfecting your home. Do not reuse the gloves for dishwashing or laundry.
- Clean first, then disinfect. Disinfection products are less effective when applied to dirty surfaces. Do a routine cleaning to get rid of dirt before applying disinfectant.
- Once disinfectant has been applied, let it air dry (unless the product specifically states otherwise). Many disinfectants take ten minutes to be effective, but some require extra time.
- Don’t forget to wipe down high-touch surfaces such as light switches, door handles, staircase railings, drawer handles, trash can lids, faucets, and bathroom fixtures. If these surfaces are made of substances that are difficult to disinfect, consider investing in wipeable covers for them.
- Also on the list for disinfection should be appliances like television remotes, landline telephones, cellphones, keyboards, laptops, and the like. Disinfectant wipes are often a better option for these than other products.
- When handling dirty laundry, disposable gloves are more safe and effective than doing it bare-handed. Avoid shaking dirty laundry, and wash on the warmest setting suitable for the cloth. Be sure to dry items completely.
- The infected individual should clean their own room, if they are able. If not, be sure to use separate items for cleaning their room to the items you use for the rest of the home.
How to Clean and Disinfect Your Home Against COVID-19
If you want to give your family the best chance against COVID-19, you may want to consider bringing in the professionals. Nancie Brown & Associates has been delivering highly thorough and effective detail cleaning services for homes for decades. We have an excellent reputation for thoroughness and quality.
- Each of our cleaning teams is led by a supervisor that will liaise with you in order to establish that the quality of work measures up to both your expectations and our rigorous standards. The job isn’t over until these standards are met.
- We take professional responsibility seriously. Nancie Brown & Associates is fully licensed, bonded, and insured. We protect our company, our staff, and you. Our paperwork is available for review prior to hiring us, as is an extensive list of testimonials which support our status as consummate professionals in the cleaning industry.
- We are proud to use only employees in our cleaning teams, unlike other companies. We never lean on subcontractors or contingent workers, because we know that our clients are relying on us to deliver the same high standard of cleanliness every time we come to their home or business. The best way of guaranteeing that is by using the same workers every time, or at the very least, workers extensively trained to the same high standards.
You too can choose Nancie Brown & Associates to deep clean your home for protection from COVID-19. Enquire on our website.