The start of the academic year is a great time to make changes in your home cleaning routine, especially with these back to school cleaning tips that the team at Nancie Brown & Associates has collated. With over thirty years of experience cleaning homes professionally, we have picked up a lot of useful techniques to streamline home cleaning and get homes back in order after a long summer with the kids underfoot. Establishing good cleaning habits when the school year begins can put you on the path to success all year round.
Get Your Home Back to School Ready
There are numerous ways that you can establish good patterns for yourself and your children to abide by day to day during the school year. Here are just a few suggestions.
- Clear a cabinet or closet, preferably close to the entrance, that will be used for shoes, backpacks, and jackets. Instead of these items getting strewn across the floor or left on chairs, they will always be in the same spot, which is useful for making sure that they are clean and ready for the next day.
- Regular cleaning of the fridge and pantry makes a huge difference. If you are sending your children to school with bag lunches, it is more important than ever to make sure that you are well appraised on the contents of your fridge. Don’t let ingredients sit in there for too long and pass their use-by dates. Wipe down the interior surfaces in case of spills and shedding from items like garlic cloves, onions, and bags of salad. You may be surprised to find how much more storage space you have in your fridge and cupboards once you streamline and toss out all the unused or out of date items.
- A great way to keep your family organized and items where they need to be is to install a whiteboard or chalkboard by the entrance to your home. That way, important items can be checked for on school mornings, before each of you head out the door. This helps limit clutter, because items that aren’t on the bulletin board as being needed the next day for after school activities or school assignments can be cleared away.
- Free up closet space by going through your children’s clothes with them. Clothes that are too small, or are not being worn at all, can be donated, handed down, or tossed out, leaving more space for storage of school supplies, sports uniforms and equipment, or other items for school. Then there’s no excuse for clutter to be left out in your children’s rooms.
- A good rule of thumb for mealtimes, especially with older children and teens, is for everyone to be responsible for taking their own bowl or plate and silverware to the sink to be soaked. You can prepare the sink by filling it with hot, soapy water, so that whoever is responsible for filling the dishwasher or cleaning the dishes after meals will have an easy job of it.
Nancie Brown & Associates Can Clean Your House So It’s Ready For Back to School
If you want to get the best preparation for the academic year before school starts, you can hire a cleaning service to give your home a top-to-bottom clean. Nancie Brown & Associates offers reliable and high-quality detail cleaning for residences.
- Spring detail cleaning/periodic maintenance
- Cleaning high to reach areas
- Carpet cleaning
- Kitchen and pantry detail and reorganization
- Fireplace and chimney detail cleaning
- Cleaning and sanitizing of countertops, tile, and grout
- Cleaning and polishing of vents, metal screens, and gutters
- Detailing of windows, frames, screens, and tracks
- Cleaning of interior glass (showers, glass walls etc.)
We offer professional and thorough cleaning with confidence to clients throughout Los Angeles County and the greater Southern California area. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured to protect your home and our employees. All of our cleaners are hired and trained directly by us: we never work with subcontractors or day laborers, to ensure that our sterling standard of service is preserved for every client.
To book your first cleaning appointment with Nancie Brown & Associates, contact us through our website.